Saturday, January 1, 2011

week 4


small callus formation on RHS of break

No operation looming - thank god. Who would have been available to do it 2 days before Christmas anyway?? The xray showed some new bone forming, and the fracture clinic don't want to see me again for 3 weeks.

At last - i have managed to sleep back in my bed. Still not all that comfortable, the arms OK (resting on a flat little pillow), but back pain wakes me up halfway thru the night because I cant roll onto either side, it is somewhat relieved by a pillow up under my thighs/butt.

I have stopped taking painkillers for my arm, it just hurts now if I overuse it or move it awkwardly (like trying to get up out of bed)

I made an appt with a private physio seeing as the hosp couldn't really tell me what exercises i should be doing (apart from hanging arm and shoulder rotation)
I am getting just a tiny bit more movement back, and was told by the physio to try to have it out of the sling a bit. I have always had it out when sitting, but she wants me to try to have it out when I am walking around, which is currently still pretty painfull..

No comments:

Post a Comment